Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The night time cough

Well the night time cough started again and Nathan coughed every five seconds until 5am when he finally fell asleep and my alarm for work went off.

I don't know if it is his Asthma, I know he has a little cold or something. He did have a slight fever a few days ago and runny nose. We tried everything last night to get him to stop coughing. Breathing treatments, cough medicine, Benadryl steam shower, vaporizer, elevating his head, Vicks on his chest. He would sometimes cough so bad he would gag and then vomit. That happened at 2am.

My husband and I are so tired of the coughing, it is always bad at night, I start to wonder if he has lung disease or something. It seems to happen at least once a month. If it was Asthma I would think the medicines would work.

I took him to see the pediatrician today since daycare needs a note saying he doesn't have Strep because that is going around. I didn't think he was that sick anymore, just the cough. They tested him fro Strep and he was negative and she said he has a sinus infection that causes him to cough. She said if he is not better in a week bring him back.


No comments: