Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Saturday, June 4, 2016
Shih Tzu, and Bichon Frise. Her name is Zoey and she is 3 months. We love her so much!!
Nathan hasn't had any problems with her. He still is allergic to dogs but not all dogs.
Posted by Jeanette at 5:03 PM
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Friday, October 9, 2015
2015 Food Allergy Conference Wisconsin
Saturday, November 14, 2015 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CST)
- Understanding what an IgE mediated food allergy is
- CDC’s Voluntary Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies In Schools
- Psychological impact– Food Allergy Bullying
- Food Allergies and the Law
- Dealing with Anaphylaxis in the School Setting – A School Nurse's Perspective
- Latest food allergy research
- Label Reading: Beyond the Basics
- FALCPA (Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act)
- Private school perspective
For more information and to sign up click HERE.
Posted by Jeanette at 7:49 AM
Saturday, September 5, 2015
Here is an another example of bad food ingredient labeling.
I got this cookie for me and luckily I have no allergies.
It clearly contains peanuts and peanut butter but at the bottom it only states that is CONTAINS DAIRY. But if you read the ingredients it actually contains WHEAT (GLUTEN), MILK, and EGGS in addition to the DAIRY.
Just a reminder to read all of the label.
Posted by Jeanette at 3:53 PM
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Nathan has asked about chocolate pie so I found this pie crust at one of my local grocery stores. It is GF, Egg Free, Dairy Free and Nut Free. I took some JELLO choclate pudding and made it according to the package but used soy milk instead of dairy.
It turned out pretty good, I added marshmallows on top. Wish we had soy whip cream, that would have been better.
Posted by Jeanette at 6:43 PM