Tuesday, February 16, 2010

FAST and CHEAP

I ran to the grocery store after work to find something to feed my allergic son something to eat that is quick because it is after 5pm and I didn't want him to eat at 8pm.

I saw this other mom pushing a cart at the grocery store (in a hurry) filled all kinds of boxed kids foods that she will probably go home and feed her children. She had TV dinners, Kraft Mac N Cheese, Tyson Chicken Tenders, Frozen Pizza's, Breaded Fish sticks, etc. All those foods that are FAST and CHEAP and kids like. I was so envious of her!! I wanted fast and cheap meals that I could feed my child allergic child and he would eat.

Yes, I know I should feel good that my child eats very healthy now and most of the food are organic but sometimes a child just needs to eat kid friendly foods.

It seems as he is getting older he isn't liking the allergy free foods that I make anymore. He used to eat his Corn noodles, Soy milk and Rice cheese -Mac N Cheese, I would make him - but not so much anymore. I have tried the Ian's Natural foods that are marketed towards children and have many products that are allergy free but my child is smart. He know those taste as good as the "real thing".


2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thanks for visiting!

Libby said...

Here's my default dinner in a hurry for my 6 y.o. with multiple food allergies, which he calls "Noodles and Peas":

2 handfuls veggie noodles (you would need to sub gf), 1 handful frozen peas, spoonful of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (Garlic and Herb flavor), and whatever protein and other veg is lurking in the fridge. (Carrots, beans, cooked chicken, even an occasional turkey dog.)

It's sort of a guilty secret, since I have a mostly food blog, but sometimes you just need to get dinner on the table in 10 minutes!