Sunday, September 27, 2009

A lesson ot be learned...


We had a great time at the pumpkin farm today, the weather wasn't as cold but did have a few sprinkles of rain.

We went with some friends and Nathan and the little girl were playing and the next thing I knew Nathan was eating her caramel corn that she was eating. She shared hers with him. I know I always want to teach my child to share but when food allergies are involved it is not a good idea. I panicked because I had no idea what was in them so I grabbed the bag and started reading the label. Luckily, there was no milk or wheat. I was so relieved!! This was a lesson that I really have to teach Nathan to always ask me before he eats something. I ended up buying him his own bag to take home since he loved them so much and it was something he could eat.

1 comment:

Karen said...

When my daughter was younger a Santa offered her a candy cane. She ran up to me and declared she was to get a candy cane when she got home. I tld the confused Santa that my daughter had an allergy, Thank you but I had a safe candy cane at home.