Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Email from a Reader....

I just found your blog researching soy challenges. I have a 3 year old girl that is allergic to Soy, Milk, Eggs, Peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, Pork, Beef, corn, a low wheat allergy, and she is a picky eater. Needless to say that we've struggled with getting her on the growth charts and out of her failure to thrive diagnosis. She is currently drinking So Delicious Coconut milk supplemented with a special (expensive) formula for children with digestion problems. This milk has been a life saver, they make yogurt, ice cream, and ice cream sandwiches out of it.

She also just got diagnosed with bronchitis and they've warned asthma is probably on its way.

I just talked to her doctor and her Soy levels are so low they want to do a challenge. I ran down the halls of my work hooping and hollaring. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because they don't know what kind of doors this would open in terms of the foods she would be able to eat and the financial break it would give us.

I just wanted to let you know there are others out there going through the same struggle.


Zakia V.