Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Allergy Skin Test = FAIL

We went to our new allergist today to get a skin test done and if Nathan passed wheat then we were going to do a food challenge.. I came prepared with Oreo cookies because I know Nathan likes them and they only contain Wheat and Soy.

The nurse pricked Nathan's back with the antihistamine and then Wheat, Egg and Diary (not sure of the order). We didn't even bother doing peanuts because she basically told me he would never go out of peanuts. I am fine with that.

Within minutes his back turned bright in the spot where the allergens are and he started to develop huge welts/hives. He told us that he was very itchy = FAIL. I couldn't believe how much his skin reacted and still after all these years how allergic he still is.

In another year around his seventh birthday, we will do another skin test. In my opinion, I don't think he will ever grow out of these allergies, I can only hope for a miracle.

No comments: