Saturday, May 15, 2010

Email from a Reader

I love getting emails from readers, so please feel free to send me an email.
Here is one I received recently...

Dear Jeanette,
While I was surfing the internet, I found your blog. I have a 10 year-old son who has severe food allergies to wheat, eggs, milk, peanuts and hazelnut. He was diagnosed to food allergies at about 8 months-old to soy, milk, oats, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and eggs (looks like he had the same allergies as your son). He has asthma since 18 months-old. Now he is a happy 10 year-old boy, who loves to play soccer and to talk to his friends. I have an older son who doesn't have food allergies, but has a lot of seasonal allergies. It has been very hard to manage my son's food allergies at school, but I am happy he didn't have any reaction there and I try to be very involved as much as possible with the activities at school.
Mari