Sunday, June 7, 2009

A novel I am reading....

I am reading a novel called "Matters of Faith" by Kristy Kiernan.

What do you have faith in?
Your marriage?
Your children?
Your religion?
Yourself?

At age twelve, Marshall Tobias saw his best friend killed by a train. It was then that he began his search for faith; delving into one tradition, then discarding it for another.

While his parents, Cal and Chloe, were at odds over his behavior, they found common ground with his little sister Meghan, whose severe food allergies required careful attention...even as it took a toll on their marriage.

Now Marshall is home from college with his first real girlfriend. Meghan is thrilled to have her around, but there is more to Ada than meets the eye—including her beliefs about the evils of medical intervention. What follows is a crisis that tests not only faith, but the limits of family, forgiveness, and our need to believe.


I really recommend this book. I can't put it down, it has touched me because of the food allergy story in the book.

2 comments:

Kristy Kiernan said...

Hi Jeanette, thank you so much! Please let me know if you or your readers have any questions about the book. I'm happy to answer them.

I know it can be a tough read for some people, and especially after the research I did, I have a tremendous amount of respect for what your family has gone, and is going, through.

My best wishes to your family, especially Nathan.

Jane Anne said...

Thanks for sharing this review. I will have to check the book out.