Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Dum Dum Pop V.S. The Tootsie Roll Pop = Allergic Reaction

Nathan had an allergic reaction at school today. Very scary! I am disappointed that a teacher gave him a piece of candy and I am disappointed that Nathan thought it was ok to eat - even though he never ate this kind of candy before. I never drove to school so fast in my life.
It wasn't his normal teacher, this teacher gave them lollipops. 1/2 were Dum Dums and 1/2 were Tootsie Roll Pops. Nathan is NOT allergic to Dum Dums but he IS allergic to Tootsie Roll Pops (they have milk). Nathan was given the Tootsie Roll Pop. I did not ok any candy and why are they giving the kids candy? He gets way too much candy at school. In his 504 Plan I am to approve all food and candy that is given to him, they can call me. The nurse called and said "Nathan ate a Dum Dum pop and his throat and tongue were itchy". I said, "I can't believe that he is having an allergic reaction to a Dum Dum Pop" she is telling me this I am driving to the school to see exactly what is happening. The story made no sense. After questioning 3 adults, I found out what happened. He ate a Tootsie Roll pop that has Milk in it. Nathan is allergic to Dairy.

No comments: