Sunday, January 26, 2014

ER Trip

Nathan has had a little cold, nothing too bad. He just was sniffling, coughing, etc. I don't even think he had a fever. He has had the Flu Shot too.

Well, today I noticed he was coughing more and seemed to have lough breathing. I saw his stomach contracting. I gave him all his asthma inhalers/nebulizer - he didn't seem to be improving.

Once I saw him on the couch and I heard him wheezing, I knew we had to go to the ER.....ASAP.

They took him in right away and checked his vitals and his oxygen was lower, they listened to his breathing and said he was having an Acute Asthma Attack.  They gave him Prednisone. 

They called in the Respiratory Therapist and they gave him continuous Albuterol nebulizer treatments - which I didn't know you could do.

After a while Nathan was feeling better and his breathing improved. He is on a 5 day treatment of the steroid.

Hopefully he is feeling better soon!

No comments: