Friday, July 20, 2012

Nathan's 6th Birthday

We went out to dinner as a family and just as I got to the restaurant I realized I left Nathan's Epi Pen and Benadryl at home. Home is about 25 miles away and we have been to this restaurant so we took a chance.

I couldn't enjoy my meal, I kept thinking about the Walgreens across the street...I knew they had an Epi Pen. I kept my eye on Nathan to make sure he wasn't showing any sign of a reaction because let's face it, if it was going to happen it would happen when I wasn't prepared. I thought to myself this is a bad idea and if it was just me and Nathan I wouldn't take a chance and just go home but I knew my husband would get mad and say "we ate here many times, he will be fine." I was so nervous through the entire meal, I barely ate.

He was fine....thankfully.

After we got home it was time for relatives to come and have cake and presents. I asked Nathan if he wanted me to make a cookie cake since he loves chocolate chip cookies and he said "yes." It turned out so good, and he loved it!! Everyone thought I bought it but I made it.


1 comment:

Veronica Rains said...

Nice photo Jeanette! So happy to hear your son did ok at dinner! What a relief that must have been. Check out my company, Wholesome Chow, for future birthday cake mixes and for everyday allergy-friendly baking! All of our products are produced in a 100% dedicated facility free from Gluten,Wheat, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Dairy and Soy. We are also a small, family owned business based in California.

www.WholesomeChow.com

Happy birthday to the little guy!