Saturday, July 24, 2010

Email from a Reader...

Hello,
My name is Victoria and I was reading your blog today and found so many things that are so useful.  My daughter Kaelyn is going to be 1 in a few weeks and she is allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, brocoli, and has eczema.  I just started a mommy group in my area here in Florida because there is nothing at all for moms like us. I had joined several mommy groups in the area but it's so hard when they all bring snacks that Kaelyn cannot be around.  Just the other day we went to the mall to see a puppet theater and one of the moms pulls out a bag of peanuts for her son who was sitting next to Kaelyn.  I made her aware of the situation but she just nodded and went ahead in giving them to her son.  I see that you have done a lot of researching and also started a local playgroup in your area if I'm correct.  I wanted to get your opinion on how to get the word out.  It seems that although there are not groups like mine around I can't find other moms in the area that go through the same things I do everyday with Kaelyn.  Any help would be much appreciated!  Oh, and I love your pretzel recipe.  I'm going to try it for Kaelyn's first birthday! 
Thank you!
Victoria
FL

No comments: