Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day-care made a HUGE mistake

Daycare called me at work (yes the dreaded call) and said Nathan was having an allergic reaction. I left work and got there as fast as I could. They aready gave him Benadryl. His eyes were swollen, face was red and bumpy, his ears were so red, he looked awful. They told me that he didn't have anything other than his food (I brought). They went outside and didn't do any kind of craft today. I was really puzzled as they were....wondering what caused this. THEN I get a call later from the Director that Nathan ate a piece of cheese (DAIRY). They thought it was his. Apparently, a mom brought it in for a child and someone at the center put it into Nathan's lunch bag. I just don't know what to think or do!! I am mad, but who can I blame?? Nathan has RICE cheese that looks just like regular cheese. The director said the cook was gone for the day and she will talk to her tomorrow.

I need to think of a way to prevent this from EVER happening again!! I was thinking of buying green dot stickers and applying them to every item of Nathan's lunch and telling daycare that if it has a green dot it is safe. I don't know, what am I going to do??

They have been so apologetic and feel horrible this happened. I can't really be mad at them, but it could have been life-threatening. Luckily, he was ok.

No comments: