Thursday, April 3, 2014

No Dogs Allowed!

Nathan has been asking about a dog lately, but I know he has a dog allergy. I am not sure if hypoallergenic dogs are better for him or not. When our neighbor got a new dog (a poodle) I thought it would be a good time to see if he is still allergic.


He loved playing with the dog and I saw so much joy in Nathan's face that I never saw before. He really liked playing with the dog. He asked if we could get one but after we got home he started to get itchy on his back. I looked and he had some hives (pictured in upper right corner). I gave him some Benadryl and a shower.

Today we went to all allergist and they did a scratch test on Nathan's back and one of the allergens they tested for was dog and he got a big welt (pictured in the lower right corner).

No dogs or any furry pet for us in the near feature....we are sad.

No comments: