Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A New Allergist - Again

I admit it, I am an allergist shopper. I can't seem to find one that I can really connect with or maybe I haven't found the one that will tell me what I want to hear. But it isn't just me, my husband agrees too, he hasn't loved any of them.

Today I took Nathan to a new allergist. He seemed alright, he is the partner of one we had seen already. He looked over Nathan, asked me questions, asked Nathan about fire trucks (he is obsessed with them), wrote us an RX for eczema and sent us for blood work. He told me that the other allergist was going to conduct a food challenge for wheat a while back (according to the chart) so he would probably do it - once we got the blood test back and if wheat is lower.

I think it is too early to judge I will wait and see but so far he seems pretty good.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I know what you mean, we have been to two different allergists so far. I don't love either of them. Sadly our area isn't rolling in them so we are sticking with this one since his staff is much better with my son than the other place was. No place we've been seems really equipped to deal with kids and food allergies. They seem to be great if you are an adult with environmental allergies!