Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mealtime Stress

When it comes to mealtimes, I try to be creative. I want to give Nathan a balanced meal, including a fruit and/or veggie, a meat and a carb. such as rice, potato or corn noodles. I try to space out the food choices as best as I can so he isn't eating the same item all the time and even though there isn't that much of a variety of foods he can have. He is getting to be more of a pickier eater than he ever was which makes mealtimes even more stressful.

Today at lunch, my plan was to give him a cucumber and as I started to cut it, I noticed it was rotten. This usually is not a big deal, but to me on this particular day it was. I seriously lost it and I broke out into tears. I didn't have a back-up plan - I didn't have another vegetable in the plan - what was I going to give him - I am the only one who cares about what he eats and if I didn't, who would. I am the solely responsible for his growth and nutrition. All the weight is on my shoulders and today it just got too heavy.

He just ended up eating his ham and bread with some fruit and no vegetable.

No comments: